freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request For Comment - freemarker-cli
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 15:46:55 GMT
Hi Daniel,

as far as I’m concerned

* At the end of the day the committers & PMC decide what become part of the project
	* The same is said for adding links to external projects :-)
* The users do care about solving a problem a hand
	* They don’t care a millisecond if it is part of an ecosystem or not as long as they can
find the tools they need and get their stuff done
	* An alive-and-kicking ecosystem will result in new users of FreeMarker
	* They might not even care if there is Velocity or FreeMarker under the hood :-)
* I’m aware of http://freemarker-online.kenshoo.com <http://freemarker-online.kenshoo.com/>
and I think this is a brilliant idea

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl