freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From David E Jones <...@dejc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.26 (incubating)
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:33:01 GMT

I ran 2.3.26 through my set of automated tests and did a little manual testing
too, and all looks good.

+1

I'm also PPMC but not IPMC.

-David

![](https://link.nylas.com/open/5xm8m568zhx9qyloglsg31huz/local-
0158f8d9-da51?r=ZGV2QGZyZWVtYXJrZXIuaW5jdWJhdG9yLmFwYWNoZS5vcmc=)

will post the results and start the voting on general@incubator.a.o.

> We don't yet have the 3 binding votes, but as far as I understand,
that's only needed during the second round at general@incubator.a.o.
Here, we already have the 3 PPMC (not IPMC) votes with my vote:

> +1 (non-binding, but PPMC)

> Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 10:57:49 PM, Daniel Dekany wrote:

> > Hi all,
>
> Please vote on releasing FreeMarker 2.3.26-incubating! If this voting
> passes, another similar voting will be started on
> general@incubator.apache.org, and if that passes too, then we can
> release this version.
>
> Note that because there weren't many deep changes since
> 2.3.25-incubating, we have no Release Candidate this time. Thus, it's
> important that you don't skip testing this release with your dependant
> projects.
>
> Release Notes:
> <http://freemarker.org/builds/2.3.26-voting/documentation/_html/versions_2_3
_26.html>

> Before proceed, you should know that FreeMarker 2.3.x, for a long
> time, always releases a normal and a "gae" variant on the same time,
> which are technically two independent source trees (Git branches). The
> "gae" variant contains a few small modification in the Java source
> code to be Google App Engine compliant, and has freemarker-gae as the
> Maven artifact name. Otherwise the normal and the "gae" branches are
> identical. Hence they will be voted on together.
>
> The commits to be voted upon are:
> \- Normal (non-gae) variant:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
freemarker.git;a=commit;h=876fffcfaf66bd212b02a931fdd2c69f6e0c297e
> Commit hash: 876fffcfaf66bd212b02a931fdd2c69f6e0c297e
> \- "gae" variant:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
freemarker.git;a=commit;h=43564859db4bec23e161c6fa5a32882e8bd9e40a
> Commit hash: 43564859db4bec23e161c6fa5a32882e8bd9e40a
>
> The artifacts to be voted upon are located here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.26-in
cubating/source/
> where the source release artifacts are:
> \- Normal (non-gae) variant:
> apache-freemarker-2.3.26-incubating-src.tar.gz
> \- "gae" variant:
> apache-freemarker-gae-2.3.26-incubating-src.tar.gz
>
> See the README inside them for build instructions!
>
> The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ddekany.asc
> (Note: At the moment it looks slightly outdated compared to the
> source,
> [http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1939A2520BAB1D90,](http://
pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1939A2520BAB1D90,) but
> I assume it will catch up eventually.)
>
> Note that for convenience, we also provide binaries:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.26-in
cubating/binaries/
> and Maven artifacts in the ASF staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/fr
eemarker/2.3.26-incubating/

> Please try out the package and vote!
>
> The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
> votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache FreeMarker 2.3.26-incubating
> [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
>
> Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding.
>

> \--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany