freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request For Comment - freemarker-cli
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 15:30:52 GMT
Hi Denis,

a few thoughts along the line

* all of the mentioned dependencies are ASL 2.0 so in terms of licences that is as safe as
it gets
* personally I would have a hard time NOT use Apache Commons CSV :-)

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl

> On 6 Mar 2017, at 12:52, bredelet@me.com wrote:
>
> Thanks Siegfried, looks good.
>
> It has dependency on org.jayway.jsonpath, org.apache.poi and org.apache.commons, need
to think how to handle that (I may select a different csv parser in fact).

> Regards,
>
> -- Denis.

some of my code from Velocity for FreeMarker.

> One piece of code which could be useful to the public is https://github.com/sgoeschl/freemarker-cli
<https://github.com/sgoeschl/freemarker-cli>

> * Don’t now if I already re-invented the wheel :-)
> * Please note that this is my first contact with Apache FreeMarker
> * I would like to ditch Groovy and migrate to a stand-alone Java application
> * It is already under ASL-2.0
>
> So the question is - could this be a useful contribution to the project?! As far as I
know open source is not oneway only :-)