freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Twitter and Some More Suggested Tweets
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:53:40 GMT
Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reminder. I've been involved with Apachecon and Community Development stuff
so this dropped down my my task list.

My suggested changes are as follows:

You document uses (s)he and on the ASF email tips, it recommends avoiding the use of gender
specific terms like he or she. (For info – In December last year I ran a survey of the
ASF Committers and it showed that have more genders than just he and she). So I'd suggest
making it gender neutral by using 'they' and  so change

-  (s)he has to they have
-  (s)he is  to they are
-  (s)he may to they may
-  (s)he should to they should

-  CLA vs ICLA – I think it is full term ICLA (Individual Contributor Licence Agreement)
although the page your refer does call them CLA.

-  Change “it's sometimes looked over” to “ it's sometimes overlooked”

-  Change “The commit comment should automatically describe that it's a merge and if
from where.”  to something like “'The commit comment should automatically describe
that it's a merge and if so, where it was merged from”

-  Change “In general, pull request merge commits should adhere to the same policies
as if the Committer who commits directly into the Apache git repository.” to something
like
“In general, pull request merge commits should adhere to the same policies that Committers
use to commit directly into the Apache git repository.”

-  Change “For each release, one of the Committers plays the role of Release Manager.”
to “For each release, one of the Committers takes on  the role of Release Manager.”

-  Change “If someone reports a security vulnerability, normally he shouldn't do it on
a public forum” to “If someone reports a security vulnerability, normally they shouldn't
do it on a public forum”

I think that was all the main things I noticed.

Thanks
Sharan