freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SpringBoot, DataModelParser and Travis CI
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 10:36:05 GMT
Sunday, April 9, 2017, 10:38:37 AM, Pradeep Murugesan wrote:

> Hi,
>

>    Moving this to a separate thread.
>

> So as the packages are renamed I will start with
>

> 1. Removing the Fallwizard . (try out SpringBoot)

Yip (that, or for example Dropwizard).

> 2. Optimising the DataModel

Sure, after we have nothing in the way of deploying the app, except
that we don't have a yet VM... but then we have more to press the
issue at Infra.

Though we will have to figure out how to continue there. One request
we have received from users is that we should support putting
date/time values into lists/maps, just as we support that for top
level variables. I don't think we can solve that elegantly if we stick
to JSON. (And then naturally, we should support having XML list items,
etc. Anything that's allowed on top-level.)

BTW, there was some plan to allow defining multiple templates (with
names) so that people can experiment with #include and #import.

> Also I have asked a CI question in the previous email which got
> lost. Posting the same in this email.
>
>   1.  Do we need to configure travis CI for the online tester ?

That would be nice to have. Most importantly, we should have that for
FreeMarker itself.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany