freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Travis Configuration for Apache Freemarker
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:32:22 GMT
Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 12:09:04 AM, Pradeep Murugesan wrote:

> Hi,
>

>     1. Yes we can use multiple java version and travis builds the commit against all
the version.

> https://travis-ci.org/pradeepmurugesan/incubator-freemarker/builds/221137764
>

>         What are all the versions that we need to check. I am using 6, 7, and 8 for now.

You misunderstand what do I mean by linking with multiple Java
versions. Look at build.properties.sample (and the README), and also
the part printed directly after "Using boot classpaths:". There are 3
different JDK classpaths used within the *same* build. The Java 5
classpath should point to a Java 5 rt.jar, not to Java 6, and so on.
Also I guess your branch is outdated, because we also have Java 8
dependencies now, so the build that's done purely with Java 6 or 7
will fail now.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany