freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https://github.com/apache/incubator-freemarker-online-tester/pull/3
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 20:52:59 GMT
Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 10:13:50 PM, Pradeep Murugesan wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> changed the license headers for all the files. There were few files
> which I thought the license header is not necessary as they are the
> external libraries used by the project. Have issued a pull request for these.

Thanks, I will look into it promptly.

> Files that doesn't have a license now
>
> DISCLAIMER
> gradlew
> gradlew.bat
>
> gradle/wrapper
>
>   *   gradle-wrapper.jar
>   *   gradle-wrapper.properties
>
> src/main/resources/assets/js
>
>   *   autosize.min.js
>   *   jquery.autosize.min.js
>   *   jquery.blockUI.js
>
> Kindly let me know if any of the above files need the license information.

Yes, all files must have license information somewhere, except
DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE. While it's preferable, the license
header is not mandatory (and for binary files we can't have it
anyway), except for non-binary files that are covered by the usual ASF
ASLv2 license. Regardless, the LICENSE file in the root should give an
overview of all the licenses used, and for the non-ASF licenses show
which files/directories are covered by that license. (Also, ASF
licensed binary files, if we have any, has to be mentioned explicitly,
because they can't have a header.) You can see these in action in the
FreeMarker distros (note that the source and binary distribution has
different LICENSE).

As of the jquery files, we should not store those. We should use a
googleapis.com URL or wherever CDN people use nowadays to load JQuery.
Then they won't complicate the LICENSE anymore (and won't burden our
web server).

> Will do the package renaming as part of the next pull request. It would be easier to
track.

Right.

--
Thanks,