freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SpringBoot, DataModelParser and Travis CI
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2017 09:40:07 GMT
Saturday, April 22, 2017, 9:47:36 PM, Pradeep Murugesan wrote:

> I was playing with spring boot, looks like we need some major
> refactoring if spring boot is used. As the current version of the
> spring dependencies and the one that spring boot depends on vary
> much and leads into a lot of issues.

(I would think that if you take the application specific parts only,
they can be pretty much copy-pasted into to a typical JSON-based
microservice Spring Boot application skeleton. Porting some tests can
be a bit trickier maybe. But for a mini application like this, I'm not
leaning towards Spring Boot at all, so not using it fine with me.)

> I have started to look into the solutions that use Drop wizard and
> Spring integrations. May be this week would be able to resolve it I guess.

If you are going to use Dropwizard, do we need Spring integration at
all? What Spring features do we actually need for this simple
application?

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany