freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SpringBoot, DataModelParser and Travis CI
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 19:44:27 GMT
On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Daniel Dekany <ddekany@apache.org> wrote:
> Sunday, April 9, 2017, 10:38:37 AM, Pradeep Murugesan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>>    Moving this to a separate thread.
>>

>> So as the packages are renamed I will start with
>>

>> 1. Removing the Fallwizard . (try out SpringBoot)
>
> Yip (that, or for example Dropwizard).
>
>> 2. Optimising the DataModel
>
> Sure, after we have nothing in the way of deploying the app, except
> that we don't have a yet VM... but then we have more to press the
> issue at Infra.
>
> Though we will have to figure out how to continue there. One request
> we have received from users is that we should support putting
> date/time values into lists/maps, just as we support that for top
> level variables. I don't think we can solve that elegantly if we stick
> to JSON. (And then naturally, we should support having XML list items,
> etc. Anything that's allowed on top-level.)

Agreed. Now I see it's better to have our own parser instead of
sticking with JSON. The current format seems better especially with
date/time and xml configuration.
By the way, do we have a support for multi-line configuration for xml?
For example, we could use """ or <<EOF like python or perl? That might
be helpful for XML.

Just my two cents,

Woonsan