freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anyone volunteers for online-tester legal cleanup and other refactorings?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 15:59:21 GMT
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Pradeep Murugesan
<pradeepmurugesan@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After that:
>
> - Get rid of the old Fallwizard dependency, as that version isn't
>   available in well known repos. Certainly we should just use pure
>   Dropwizard (or any other light weight "micro service" framework you
>
>   feel like using).
>
> Do you think we can give a short at Spring boot to replace Fallwizard ?

Spring boot sounds like a good idea to me.
By the way, regarding the data model parsing, I'm just wondering if we
can simplify the parsing code (DataModelParser.java) by accepting only
a JSON string like the following example:

{
  someString: "Some value",
  someNumber: 3.14,
  someBoolean: true
  someDatetime: "2014-02-28T18:50Z",
  someList: ["JSON", "syntax", 1, 2, 3 ],
  someMap: { "JSON syntax": true, "nestedList": [1, 2, 3] }
  someXML: "<example x='1'>text</example>"
}

Jackson support ALLOW_UNQUOTED_FIELD_NAMES option and good type
handling of values...

Just my two cents,

Woonsan

> Also should we think about using Travis CI for continuous integration or you have any
other ideas ?

> Pradeep.

provides a way to test Freemarker code online.