freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Murugesan <pradeepmuruge...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: SpringBoot, DataModelParser and Travis CI
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:58:51 GMT
Hi Daniel,

     Yes we are right now using some Autowired annotations from Spring. I tried to retain
the same so that we can bring the application without much changes. The changes I am planning
is

1. remove Fallwizard

2. use Dropwizard to build jar and boot the application.

3. Integrate with Spring to retain the autowired.

Let me know if we need to remove Spring completely and use normal way to create instances
without the Autowired.

Pradeep.

________________________________
From: Daniel Dekany <ddekany@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:40:07 AM
To: Pradeep Murugesan
Subject: Re: SpringBoot, DataModelParser and Travis CI

Saturday, April 22, 2017, 9:47:36 PM, Pradeep Murugesan wrote:

> I was playing with spring boot, looks like we need some major
> refactoring if spring boot is used. As the current version of the
> spring dependencies and the one that spring boot depends on vary
> much and leads into a lot of issues.

(I would think that if you take the application specific parts only,
they can be pretty much copy-pasted into to a typical JSON-based
microservice Spring Boot application skeleton. Porting some tests can
be a bit trickier maybe. But for a mini application like this, I'm not
leaning towards Spring Boot at all, so not using it fine with me.)

> I have started to look into the solutions that use Drop wizard and
> Spring integrations. May be this week would be able to resolve it I guess.

If you are going to use Dropwizard, do we need Spring integration at
all? What Spring features do we actually need for this simple
application?

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany