freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LSP for FreeMarker Was: Moving JBoss FreeMarker IDE (Eclipse plugin) to the ASF?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:06:20 GMT
Friday, March 16, 2018, 9:21:49 AM, Angelo zerr wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Here the project https://github.com/angelozerr/lsp4e-freemarker which is
> based on the basic Freemarker Language Server
> https://github.com/angelozerr/freemarker-languageserver (which could be
> consumed too in VSCode) which supports only validation for the moment.
>
> Hope you will like it.

I couldn't actually try it yet, as my lsp4e-freemarker build fails
with:

  Could not resolve target platform specification artifact
  org.eclipse.lsp4e-freemarker:target-platform:target:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT

What's supposed to generate and install that artifact? (Surely I have
near 0 investment in Eclipse plugin development; it seems to be its
own little universe with Tycho and all.)

I guess to generate an "update site" (p2 repo or whatever the correct
term is) a Maven module with <packaging>eclipse-repository</packaging>
will have to be added.

Otherwise so far so good, but of course the question will be if how
flexible this setup is. Especially the syntax highlighting can be
tricky, as FreeMarker templates my use various syntax permutations
(<#...> VS [#...], ${...} VS [=...]), then the static text part can be
HTLM or XML or something else. So I wonder how that can be handled.
Not to mention syntax auto-detection from the [#ftl] header. In any
case, developing a TextMate syntax for a few permutations might be
useful, as TextMate and VSCode users can use it as well.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany