freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving JBoss FreeMarker IDE (Eclipse plugin) to the ASF?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 21:26:46 GMT
Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 12:20:26 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:47 PM, Daniel Dekany <ddekany@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> It's our turn. I'm really just waiting to hear if the other PPMC
>> members think that this should be attempted (like, if we want that
>> code at all), then I will ask ASF Legal.
>>

> I don't feel much comfortable in commenting on license/legal stuff because
> of my lack of confidence on the subject :-(
> However I think that we can start by stating our interest in accepting the
> codebase donation from RedHat/JBoss.

It was already stated, near the end of the thread at the JBoss Tools
list. OK, it was just me stating it, but that's enough for them.

> Then we could figure out the exact steps that need to be followed by them
> and by us (trying to minimize the workload n their part as much as
> possible) and then we will decide if it is a feasible plan.

So we are at that phase right now. I really just want to know if the
PPMC likes the idea of bringing yet another related product over. If
so, we should ask ASF Legal, right?

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany