freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving JBoss FreeMarker IDE (Eclipse plugin) to the ASF?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 15:50:47 GMT
Friday, March 9, 2018, 3:25:35 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 09/03/2018 à 13:56, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
>>   Surely that
>> possibility is a major feature of these OS licenses... but of course
>> we can't do that here at the ASF (or, I presume so).
> I think the contrary, the ASL2 is permissive not the LGPL 2.1 which
> is copyleft.

I didn't imply anything like that. What I meant is that you can fork
FreeMarker IDE whenever you wish, as the license allows that. But we
can't do it at the ASF, and that was new to at least some of them.

> That's my concern for the others "individual contributors".

Same here.

There are around 30 committers involved during the 12 years at RedHat,
about half of them are (or was) RedHat employees according the e-mail
addresses. Before that, the plugin was originally created by Joe
Hudson (https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemarker-ide/). Hopefully
he was working alone.

--
Thanks,