freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.28
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2018 22:31:29 GMT
Hi all,

Please vote on releasing FreeMarker 2.3.28! Note that as this is not
an incubating release anymore, if this vote passes, then the product
will be immediately released (there's no IPMC to review it in a second
round), so check the release carefully! Also please watch out for any
mistakes I make because of differences to releasing from outside the
Incubator for the first time. Thanks!

Note that because there weren't many deep changes since the last
release, we have no Release Candidate this time. Thus, it's important
that you don't skip testing this release with your dependant projects.

Release Notes:
https://freemarker.apache.org/builds/2.3.28-voting/documentation/versions_2_3_28.html

Before proceed, you should know that FreeMarker 2.3.x, for a long
time, always releases a normal and a "gae" variant on the same time,
which are technically two independent source trees (Git branches). The
"gae" variant contains a few small modification in the Java source
code to be Google App Engine compliant, and has freemarker-gae as the
Maven artifact name. Otherwise the normal and the "gae" branches are
identical. Hence they will be voted on together.

The commits to be voted upon are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=freemarker.git;a=commit;h=8ee391d10e0256d57a326d83dd487639ccd9659c
  Commit hash: 8ee391d10e0256d57a326d83dd487639ccd9659c
- "gae" variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=freemarker.git;a=commit;h=8c8fb4c02d63141bd2cee9630cc27a9340d0f94c
  Commit hash: 8c8fb4c02d63141bd2cee9630cc27a9340d0f94c

The artifacts to be voted upon are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/freemarker/engine/2.3.28/source/
where the source release artifacts are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  apache-freemarker-2.3.28-src.tar.gz
- "gae" variant:
  apache-freemarker-gae-2.3.28-src.tar.gz

See the README.md inside them for build instructions!

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ddekany.asc

For convenience, we also provide binaries, which also need to be checked:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/freemarker/engine/2.3.28/binaries/
and Maven artifacts in the ASF staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/freemarker/2.3.28/

Please try out the package and vote!

The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache FreeMarker 2.3.28
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany