freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Angelo zerr <angelo.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LSP for FreeMarker Was: Moving JBoss FreeMarker IDE (Eclipse plugin) to the ASF?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:12:40 GMT
>  I couldn't actually try it yet, as my lsp4e-freemarker build fails

The installation is a little complex, I think the better thing is that I
provide an update site. Please let me a little time for that.

Please note too that if you install
https://github.com/mickaelistria/eclipse-bluesky you will benefit with
advanced completion with HTML, CSS, JS too with the ftl.

I will add a demo in my github for that.

Regard's Angelo

> Friday, March 16, 2018, 9:21:49 AM, Angelo zerr wrote:
>
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > Here the project https://github.com/angelozerr/lsp4e-freemarker which is
> > based on the basic Freemarker Language Server
> > https://github.com/angelozerr/freemarker-languageserver (which could be
> > consumed too in VSCode) which supports only validation for the moment.
> >
> > Hope you will like it.
>
> I couldn't actually try it yet, as my lsp4e-freemarker build fails
> with:
>
>   Could not resolve target platform specification artifact
>   org.eclipse.lsp4e-freemarker:target-platform:target:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> What's supposed to generate and install that artifact? (Surely I have
> near 0 investment in Eclipse plugin development; it seems to be its
> own little universe with Tycho and all.)
>
> I guess to generate an "update site" (p2 repo or whatever the correct
> term is) a Maven module with <packaging>eclipse-repository</packaging>
> will have to be added.
>
> Otherwise so far so good, but of course the question will be if how
> flexible this setup is. Especially the syntax highlighting can be
> tricky, as FreeMarker templates my use various syntax permutations
> (<#...> VS [#...], ${...} VS [=...]), then the static text part can be
> HTLM or XML or something else. So I wonder how that can be handled.
> Not to mention syntax auto-detection from the [#ftl] header. In any
> case, developing a TextMate syntax for a few permutations might be
> useful, as TextMate and VSCode users can use it as well.
>
> > Regard's Angelo

> >> lsp4j)
> >>
> >> Sounds like a great start!

> based