freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: try.freemarker.apache.org instead of try.freemarker.org?
Date Sat, 19 May 2018 22:31:54 GMT
Saturday, May 19, 2018, 6:02:16 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 19/05/2018 à 14:16, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
>>> I thinkhttps://svn.apache.org/repos/private/pmc/freemarker  better fits for all
private things
>>> For instance the cron job copy and all the rest. And simply refer to private
things from the wiki
>> For try.freemarker these security things doesn't mater much, but in
>> general, such a repo is not a good place to store security related
>> sensitive files. People just check it out, and it will be on the
>> HDD/SDD unencrypted for ever... then the notebook gets stolen or such.
>>
> What would you suggest then?
>
> Jacques

Generally (not in this case), mail passwords to me and Jacopo and
maybe Woonsan for safe keeping, with PGP. 3+ guys knows it, hopefully
it won't be gone.

In this case, do we need the password at all? It's stored on the VM,
and if the VM is lost, we just request a new key-value pair from Let's
Encrypt, right? Or is there some limitation there? And actually the
password only worth anything if we also archive the key pair... Well,
I will archive them from the VM, and I guess that's all.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany