freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: try.freemarker.apache.org instead of try.freemarker.org?
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 12:50:08 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Yes completely forgot about that. I just checked and I have access to the VM.

Since we need to do it ourselves, I'll have a look, hopefully this week (very possible)

Cheers

Jacques

Le 30/04/2018 à 16:51, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
> Seems this was forgotten. Do you plan to do it?
>

> Monday, January 8, 2018, 11:04:31 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Thanks Daniel,
>>
>> That's a good news. I did not want to get further with
>> try.freemarker.org waiting for this to happen. Once LetsEncrypt setting is done a
redirection
>> should be enough
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 08/01/2018 à 09:47, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
>>> Greg commented on the request:
>>>
>>>     try.freemarker.apache.org now works, and is propagated.
>>>
>>>     Since that hostname maps to your VM, the certificate to be used for
>>>     try.freemarker.apache.org will need to be hosted/operated by your VM.
>>>     Infra's current policy for project VMs is to use LetsEncrypt for
>>>     certificates. [~pono] will get you set up with that.

complain about a companion site.

the domain was well established before entering the incubator, subversion.org comes to mind.

incubator but not try.freemarker.apache.org which is quite recent. Hence maybe some caution
needed...

as long as try.freemarker.org <http://try.freemarker.org/> is an Apache controlled domain.
You aren’t the only project that has a vanity domain. See www.openoffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org/>
as an example.