freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: try.freemarker.apache.org instead of try.freemarker.org?
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 12:25:30 GMT
It's OK now with Chris Lambertus's help

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16498 to continue

Jacques

> Thanks
>
> Just tried, did not work, not sure why
>

> Le 05/05/2018 à 19:05, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
>> I'm a sudoer, so I can add you. Try now!
>>

>> Saturday, May 5, 2018, 3:07:13 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Daniel,
>>>
>>> I did not, but actually as I'm not in the sudoers it does not help:
>>>
>>> otp-md5 499 fr516
>>> Password:
>>> jleroux is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
>>> jleroux@freemarker-vm:~$
>>>
>>> Jacques

propagated.

the issue for it:

Dekany wrote:

> [...]
we should switch to try.freemarker.apache.org):
this
in this
but it's technically fine
to do

ask this from Infra in the

Ralph Goers wrote:

> [...]
a companion site. So long as the
don’t think anyone will complain about a companion site.

Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> [...]
There are others, when the domain was well established before entering the incubator, subversion.org

before entering the incubator but not try.freemarker.apache.org which is quite recent. Hence
maybe

a écrit :
> [...]
there should be a problem as long as try.freemarker.org <http://try.freemarker.org/>
is an Apache controlled
project that has a vanity domain. See www.openoffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org/>
as an example.

AM, Daniel Dekany <ddekany@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
to request try.freemarker.apache.org,
try.freemarker.org to it, because I'm
dislike that we use try.freemarker.org as
the online template tester. It will also use
(we can't use the *.apache.org

is a bit extreme. I'm not aware of any
if anyone is aware some, like LetsEncrypt
please stop me! (Also, as this way
of freemarker.apache.org, but certainly we
if it ever causes a problem.)

(especially PPMC members) agree?