freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributing Freemarker CLI ...
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:48:44 GMT
In principle "Who user FreeMarker?" is where such community projects
appear, but admittedly it's not focused enough to increase visibility
of this otherwise important category of application. Now, FMPP was
directly under the "Tooling" menu back then, but I have removed it as
it wasn't maintained much anymore... not like I know of alternatives
with similar set of feature though. Now I have put that submenu back,
but as "File-to-file transformers", and it links to both FMPP and your
project.

Feel free to improve/replace the project description (with something
similarly short).

As of freemarker-generator, it provides too little functionality, and
is too specialized at the moment to include it there. I hoped the
contributors will put some more work into it, but it seems they won't.
My idea was that if there's an "offical" CLI/Maven/Gradle tool that's
sufficiently flexible/generic, then it's more likely that people will
contribute to that instead of creating their own similar but more
specialized tools. Obviously at its current stage that won't happen.
So anyone feels like improving it (it was discussed here how), don't
hold yourself back.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany