gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Kam Kasravi <kamkasr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Gearpump Twitter Account
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 14:26:12 GMT
I would vote for changing the id but setup gearpump_io so that it follows ApacheGearpump and
retweets.

    On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:11 PM, Manu Zhang <owenzhang1990@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi All,

I formerly applied for a Gearpump Twitter account
https://twitter.com/gearpump_io, which consists of the name *Gearpump* and
id *gearpump_io *(since gearpump has been taken). Now that Gearpump is an
Apache Incubating project, shall we

A. change our name to "Apache Gearpump" or
B. create a new id with "@ApacheGearpump" (available)

For a Twitter account, the name can be changed at any time while the id is
permanent.

 After some investigation of the Twitter accounts of Apache projects, I
find that they fall into three groups in the format *name/id*

1. ApacheProject/@ApacheProject

  - Apache Flink/@ApacheFlink (https://twitter.com/ApacheFlink)
  - Apache Parquet/@ApacheParquet (https://twitter.com/ApacheParquet)
  - Apache Spark/@ApacheSpark (https://twitter.com/ApacheSpark)

They created ids after they became Apache projects.

2. ApacheProject/@Project

  - Apache Cassandra/@cassandra (https://twitter.com/cassandra)
  - Apache Samza/@samzastream (https://twitter.com/samzastream)

They continue to use the id before they are Apache projects but change
their names.

3. ApacheProject/@Project and ApacheProject/@ApacheProject

  - Apache Storm/@stormprocessor (https://twitter.com/stormprocessor)
  - Apache Storm/@ApacheStorm (https://twitter.com/ApacheStorm)

Storm created a new id after becoming an Apache project, and both accounts
are active and have a quite a few followers.

What do you think ?