geode-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Murmann <amurm...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Geode wan vs Kafka replication
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:04:32 GMT
Hi Aashish,

It's not 100% applicable to your use case, but there was a great talk at
SpingOne Platform by Paul Perez in which he discussed the trade-offs and
hows of replacing Kafka and several other tools with Geode in one of their
projects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60xrULf5zjU

This might make you aware of some other possibilities Geode might open up
for you that Kafka would not. He also does a good job explaining when you
should clearly use Kafka and not Geode.