geode-user mailing list archives

From Barry Oglesby <bogle...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Some Geode management metrics returning 0s after OS upgrade
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 19:20:46 GMT
Do you see values for other MBean attributes?

If you do a thread dump in your server JVM(s), you should see a thread like
this running:

"StatSampler" #39 daemon prio=10 os_prio=31 tid=0x00007fdcbf004000
nid=0x7003 in Object.wait() [0x000070000c50a000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at
org.apache.geode.internal.statistics.HostStatSampler.delay(HostStatSampler.java:519)
- locked <0x00000007a8911160> (a
org.apache.geode.internal.statistics.GemFireStatSampler)
at
org.apache.geode.internal.statistics.HostStatSampler.run(HostStatSampler.java:219)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:40 AM Kirk Lund <klund@apache.org> wrote:

> Phantom OS might have caused the StatSampler to fail or even crash. That's
> the only explanation I can think of that might result in the non-OS related
> stats remaining zero. You might want to look through the log to see if the
> StatSampler logged any problems. Other than that, you could try running
> every statistic related test/integrationTest/distributedTest in Geode on
> Phantom OS to see how the tests behave.
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 7:49 AM Anthony Baker <abaker@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
>> I wouldn’t be surprised if other OS -related things are broken on Phantom
>> OS as well.  We use JNA for most native calls.  Look at `git grep
>> Native.register` to see what posix-like things might be affected.
>>
>> Anthony
>>

>> On Feb 6, 2019, at 7:28 AM, Jacob Barrett <jbarrett@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> We don’t have any hooks into the stats for this OS.
>>
>> On Feb 6, 2019, at 7:16 AM, Jens Deppe <jdeppe@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> From SLES 11 to Phantom OS
>>
>> (I had already asked asked, but my CC got scrambled :( )
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 7:10 AM Anthony Baker <abaker@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>>> Which OS did you upgrade to?
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>
>>> On Feb 6, 2019, at 1:25 AM, Vahram Aharonyan <vaharonyan@vmware.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> For our troubleshooting purposes we have been collecting some data from
>>> Geode cluster members using following APIs:
>>>
>>> org.apache.geode.management.MemberMXBean#getFunctionExecutionRate
>>> org.apache.geode.management.MemberMXBean#getPutsRate
>>> org.apache.geode.management.MemberMXBean#getGetsRate
>>>
>>> org.apache.geode.management.NetworkMetrics#getBytesReceivedRate
>>> org.apache.geode.management.NetworkMetrics#getBytesSentRate
>>>
>>> org.apache.geode.management.DiskMetrics#getDiskFlushAvgLatency
>>> org.apache.geode.management.DiskMetrics#getDiskReadsRate