From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: XBean and Java 1.5 (was Re: Where is the src for org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.GlobalContextGBean)
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:46:41 GMT
Retrotranslator has been around for a few years AFAIK.  Not sure it
will double your testing efforts... though if you wanted to run
integration tests on JDK 1.5 and 1.4 then ya, it would double those.

What additional stuff is there to check for the release?  AFAIK the
jars contain the same legal bits as non-retro jars.  So someone would
have to check that once, and then could forget... though there is a
goal to ensure artifacts have legal muck in them automatically, which
server is using in the default build.

Retro jars will live next to non-retro jars with a "jdk14"
classifier, everything else should be the same.

--jason