From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject [reflect] registering converters with the VM
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:41:50 GMT
Currently, we are registering our Converters with the VM
PropertyEditorManager, and this is creating all sorts of problems for
libraries like Spring and IDEs like netbeans.  Our code has it's own
registry and only a registers them with the VM as a convenience.

As a compromise between those that like to have the Converters
registered and those that can't, I have add the boolean flag
registerWithVM to PropertyEditors. When this flag is set, all
Converters registered with PropertyEditors are registered with the
VM.  The only real issues, is if your code relies on having the
Converters registered with the PropertyEditorManager, you will need to
set the flag.  If this is a problem, let me know and hopefully we can
come up with another solution for everyone.

-dain