geronimo-xbean-user mailing list archives

From Paul Austin <mail-li...@revolsys.com>
Subject Using maps as properties for a bean
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:22:59 GMT
I am trying to set a map property on a bean using xbean-2.6 and all I
seem to get back is an empty map.

The bean config file is similar to as shown below.

<beans:beans
  xmlns="http://ns.com/app/1.0"
  xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
  xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"

  <MyObject>
    <mapProperty>
      <util:map>
         <entry key="sideBar" value="hello" />
      </util:map>
    </mapProperty>
  </MyObject>
</beans:beans>

If I add a log statement to MyObject.setMapProperty it is called but the
value is {}. also when I then get the values later it is also the empty
collection (I was wondering if the map was set first and then populated
later).

class MyObject {
  public void setMapProperty(Map values) {
    log.debug(values);
    this.mapProperty = values;
  }
}