geronimo-xbean-user mailing list archives

From Hongxin Liang <hxliang1...@gmail.com>
Subject Not compatible with spring 3.0.x
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:33:31 GMT
We just upgrade to spring 3.0.3, but suddenly find that xbean-spring does
not work, as spring 3.0.x added schema validation by default which happens
in AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:: initBeanDefinitionReader(). In
spring 2, this method is empty, while in 3.0.x, it is as following:

protected void initBeanDefinitionReader(XmlBeanDefinitionReader reader) {

    reader.setValidating(this.validating);
}

So we get trouble.

My question is, is there any plan to fix this in xbean-spring itself?
Or more general, to comply with spring 3. Although we can fix it by
overriding this method, we're looking forward to official solution.