giraph-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Avery Ching <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Giraph 0.1-incubating (rc0)
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 04:17:13 GMT
To address the issues of binaries, could we release multiple binaries of 
Giraph that coincide with the different versions of Hadoop?

On 1/31/12 7:44 PM, David Garcia wrote:
> I think these concerns preclude the entire idea of a release.  A release
> should be something that users can use as a dependency. . .like a maven
> coordinate.  I think you guys should wait until you have made these
> decisions. . .and then cut a binary.
> On 1/31/12 5:36 PM, "Jakob Homan"<>  wrote:
>> Giraphers-
>> I've created a candidate for our first release. It's a source release
>> without a binary for two reasons: first, there's still discussion
>> going on about what needs to be done for the NOTICE and LICENSE files
>> for projects that bring in transitive dependencies to the binary
>> release
>> (
>> and second because we're still munging our binary against three types
>> of Hadoop, which would mean we'd need to release three different
>> binary artifacts, which seems suboptimal.  Hopefully both of these
>> issues will be addressed by 0.2.
>> I've tested the release against an unsecure 20.2 cluster.  It'd be
>> great to test it against other configurations.  Note that we're voting
>> on the tag; the files are provided as a convenience.
>> Release notes:
>> S.html
>> Release artifacts:
>> Corresponding svn tag:
>> Our signing keys (my key doesn't seem to be being picked up by
>> The vote runs for 72 hours, until Friday 4pm PST.  After a successful
>> vote here, Incubator will vote on the release as well.
>> Thanks,
>> Jakob

View raw message