giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Arghya Kusum Das <arghyakusumdas2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Giraph Job Get Killed suddenly
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:55:55 GMT
Can you try adding mapreduce.jobtracker.address property in mapred-site.xml....

If that does not fix the issue, try connecting giraph with external zookeeper using giraph.zklist
property in your giraph job. Because, giraph cannot work without external zklist on hadoop2

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 11, 2014, at 12:26 PM, Charith Wickramarachchi <charith.dhanushka@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I am sending this mail to the dev list since I think Giraph developers might have experienced
the issue I am facing.

> I am working on extending graph to support a programming model somewhat similar to giraph++.
I got an initial POC version running with in my local machine in a pseudo distributed mode.
But when I run with large graphs in a cluster, suddenly the map reduce job get killed.

> This is because, suddenly the job receives a kill signal. I am still not sure about what's
the root cause.  My hunch is that it has something to do with progress reporting from mappers.
I am attaching part of the log that might be helpful.

> It will be great if you can give me some insights based on your experience.
>
> Giraph Version: 1.1.0
> Hadoop version: 2.2.0
> Application Type: Map Reduce
>
> Thanks,
> Charith
>
> --
> Charith Dhanushka Wickramaarachchi
>
> Tel  +1 213 447 4253
> Web  http://apache.org/~charith
> Blog  http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/
> Twitter  @charithwiki
>
> This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information and is intended
exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the intended recipient/s, or believe that
you may have
> received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact
and delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy, retransmit,
disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this communication. Internet communications
cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions