giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Charith Wickramarachchi <charith.dhanus...@gmail.com>
Subject Giraph Job Get Killed suddenly
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:26:07 GMT
Hi Devs,

I am sending this mail to the dev list since I think Giraph developers
might have experienced the issue I am facing.

I am working on extending graph to support a programming model somewhat
similar to giraph++. I got an initial POC version running with in my local
machine in a pseudo distributed mode. But when I run with large graphs in a
cluster, suddenly the map reduce job get killed.

This is because, suddenly the job receives a kill signal. I am still not
sure about what's the root cause.  My hunch is that it has something to do
with progress reporting from mappers. I am attaching part of the log that
might be helpful.

It will be great if you can give me some insights based on your experience.

Giraph Version: 1.1.0
Hadoop version: 2.2.0
Application Type: Map Reduce

Thanks,
Charith

--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramaarachchi

Tel  +1 213 447 4253
Web  http://apache.org/~charith <http://www-scf.usc.edu/~cwickram/>
<http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/>
Blog  http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/
<http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/>
Twitter  @charithwiki <https://twitter.com/charithwiki>

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information
and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the
intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have
received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating
that fact and delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not
print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information
contained in this communication. Internet communications cannot be
guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions