giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Edunov <edu...@fb.com>
Subject Releasing Giraph 1.2.0
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 17:42:26 GMT
Hi!

Recently, I talked to Roman and Avery about Giraph release process and we agreed it needs
to be revived.
1.1.0 has been released 1.5 years ago and we had a lot of changes since then. Now is a good
time to release 1.2.0. I volunteer to be release master this time.

In this release, we will have new implementation of "Out Of Core", multiple performance and
reliability improvements and of course bug fixes.

As of today, one test case fails with memory issues, I’ll be working with author to figure
out the fix.
We have two open issues marked for 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT, both have patches available:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-993
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-981
Let's review and close them.

Also, please, by Jun 29, reply in this thread if you have something planed that should go
into this release. If there will be no issues by then, I'll cut a branch and start building
and testing new Giraph 1.2.0

Regards,
Sergey