gora-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdy Galema <ferdy.gal...@kalooga.com>
Subject Re: Inconsistencies in TestXXXStore
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:54:49 GMT
Hi Lewis,

The last time I seriously looked into the Gora tests I was quite
surprised by its complexity. That is that all store tests derive from
DataStoreTestBase and also set a specific GoraTestDriver. HBase in
particular makes it even more difficult by using different frameworks
for its tests; TestHBaseStore uses HBaseTestingUtility and the mapreduce
tests (which you recently split into two classes) uses the
HBaseClusterTestCase class.

I am not sure why it is set up the way it is now, but it at the moment
it does not suffice. Therefore I think we need to simplify
DataStoreTestBase (get rid of GoraTestDriver?) and document all of its
methods (certainly the public ones). After DataStoreTestBase is clearly
defined, all tests can derive from this class. (If they want to use
utility functions than these can simply be put into external utility
classes). Only then it makes sense to discuss about differences between
datastore test implementations. Because at the moment I simply do not
know what for example "assertPutArray" does or should do.

Ferdy.