gora-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Ported Accumulo test suite to Gora
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:10:21 GMT
I think putting it as a contrib may be a good option.  It serves as a
stand alone example there.

Need to work on the pom to make it more general.  Need to make it easy
for a user to run against any backend.

I will opened GORA-73 for further discussion of this.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Enis Söztutar <enis.soz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> I agree with your argument about github, however i believe that if goraci
> will become a part of Gora, it will be way easier to run out of the box,
> and it can be integrated with the unit tests, so that we can run it in CI
> builds in the future.
>
> We can put this under /contrib/goraci/ with little changes, or we can port
> it under a gora-core/src/test with a package name like "ingest", and have a
> unit test that runs this with accumulo under gora-accumulo. The README can
> be ported to the package docs under gora-core-src/test/index.html. and the
> script will be replaced by a unit test driver and possibly a maven target.
> I think both of these options can work. What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Enis
>
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
>
>> I could submit it as patch, but I am not sure where it would go in the
>> current gora directory structure.  I suppose the code could go in
>> gora-core/src/test.  Mappings could go in the
>> gora-<store>/test/resources dirs. Where would the script and README
>> go?
>>
>> One nice thing about leaving it at github is that it can version
>> independently and release.  I.e. I can easily use the latest version
>> of goraci w/ any version of gora.  I have learned this from experience
>> having the original test suite being part of accumulo.  On the flip
>> side, the nice part about making it part of Accumulo is that was
>> always there out of the box for testing.
>>
>> Another option may be to contribute the code to Big Top.  However, I
>> have not investigated this to see if it makes sense yet.  I have not
>> looked into BigTop in depth yet.
>>
>> I am open to suggestions.
>>
>> Keith
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Enis Söztutar <enis.soz@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > This seems perfect. Is there any plan to import this into the Gora
>> > codebase. As mentioned in readme, if we can generalize for the other
>> stores
>> > as well, it will be a very good test suite.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Enis
>> >
>> > On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> FYI,
>> >>
>> >> I took an Accumulo test suite and wrote it using Gora.  Writing the
>> >> Gora implementation was easy and pleasant.  The code is shorted than
>> >> the accumulo version, because it does do any parsing.
>> >>
>> >> https://github.com/keith-turner/goraci
>> >>
>> >> Keith
>> >>
>>

Mime
View raw message