gora-dev mailing list archives

From Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC 2012] Gora-DynamoDB datastore
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:05:25 GMT
Hi everyone,

My name is Renato Marroquin and I would also like to apply for GSoC
this year. I have a bit of experience with MapReduce, specifically
Hadoop and Pig-Latin. I have completed my masters degree on databases
(specifically cloud data management) and I really want to keep on
working with hadoop related technologies specially with the ones which
involve the open source community (:
While doing my masters I was working for a bioinformatics laboratory
where we tested a couple of NoSQL solutions (HBase and Cassandra) for
genomic data. But going through the code of both Cassandra and HBase
they really have come a long way. We also worked creating different
data flows for scientific data analysis using MapReduce and Pig-Latin.
Hope to be able to become a more active member on the list, so we can
make Gora a bigger project.

Renato M.