gora-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: auto flush
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 00:45:22 GMT
Hi Lewis,

I changed gora-hbase in my local copy to always turn off auto flush, and
then I flush as-needed.  It looks as though I might need to make sure that
I flush with the same thread I write with, since it is using thread-local
storage to pick up the correct client interface.  I don't see that as a
major problem, it's just a surprising result of the way the connection was
implemented.  I could be wrong, though.  I only spent about 10 minutes
looking into it, in order to figure out why HBase was slower than I
expected.

-Eric