gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for Gora 0.2 Release Candidate?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 18:59:14 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) <
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> * We need to update our release process before 0.2 based on Simone and
> Andy's comments - +1

Yeah I'll start work on this tonight.

> * This will help build community - +1

Big time. I don't know if we need a face lift on the site, some lowering of
the barrier to adoption or something else but building the community is
more important any any of the tickets we current have open. This is
critical in my opinion and I think perseverance will pay... simplifying the
release process must surely be a way of getting the Apache Gora brand out
there.

> * Henry and I released before (0.1 and 0.1.1) so (guessing here) you want
> to make the 0.2 release? - +1

Yes I am +1 for stepping up to be RM for this RC. 0.2 has been a long time
in the making (~6 months) with some great patches, subsequently I think the
community deserves the opportunity to VOTE. So here goes. I'll work on it
over the weekend and hopefully we'll be in a better position at some stage
in the near future.

> Cheers,

Thanks Chris.

Lewis