gora-dev mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Avro
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 04:47:07 GMT
Hi Ed,

I also think it would be a good idea to do this merge first and then
do the Avro upgrade because this doesn't impact many users, it just
adds more functionality to Gora.
I am really interested in having a conversation about Dynamo's
compiler because using a data store in which we are not able to have
such fine grained persistency control has some pros and cons which I
would be happy to discuss. We should start a new thread for that I
think.
Lewis and me have also discussed on how to keep the type structure
coherent and the role of the persistent interface within the
framework, but we have to have all this  I think we should start by
redoing all the avro stuff first but having in mind that now we can
support non-avro based data stores.