gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject [IMPORTANT] Gora Nightly Builds
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 16:44:47 GMT
Hi All,

As I've written elsewhere there is an issue with the nightly build
environment which leads to an unstable build... which consequently
infects the nightly Gora snapshots meaning that they are more or less
useless if pulled from the snapshot repository.

Although this is not an accurate reflection upon and diagnosis of the
state of Gora's health (as I use 0.3-SNAPSHOT locally and everything
is fine), it is clearly an issue.

I've tried to find out from builds@ if there is some kind of obvious
environmental condition resulting in the unstable builds but have
heard nothing back. As my query had no immediate answer I take it I am
not going to get one back.

In all honesty I am pretty stumped on this one as I can't explain the
intermittent nature of the unstable, successful and/or failing jobs on
Jenkins, either that or else I can't see the wood for the trees.
Regardless, I thought it best to communicate my efforts so far before
someone else invests time to get to the bottom of this one.

As a measure then, I have temporarily disabled the email notifications
to dev@ as they must be clogging up everyones mail boxes. These can of
course be turned back on by anyone at any time should they wish it.

Thanks for now

Lewis

--
Lewis