gora-dev mailing list archives

From "Poulard, Fabien" <fpoul...@dictanova.com>
Subject Re: Gora and MongoDB
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:37:00 GMT
Hi folks,

2012/12/18 Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com>

> If you would like to open an issue, please do. If you begin submitting
> patches, I'm sure that the community could and will test the code in an
> attempt to get a MondoDB module for Gora. This would be very much welcomed.

I've managed to develop a MongoDB module for Gora. It's far from perfect
but it's good enough as a proof of concept to run Nutch.

Within Dictanova we're using Gradle as a build tools so I developped my
module with it as building tool instead of the ant one used for Gora. It
was just easier for me. In the process I've adapted a Gradle plugin to
compile Gora schemas based on a plugin for Avro schemas [1].

[1] https://github.com/iamsteveholmes/avro-gradle-plugin

I'd be glad you guys review my code as I'm sure there's plenty of room for
improvement. So far the code is in our git repository. What would be the
best way to share it with you ? I've created the issue GORA-200...
Moreover, I've implemented some unit tests but not using the Driver stuff I
saw for the others. I'll have to take a closer look at how it works... I'd
appreciate any pointer.

Cordially,

--
*Fabien Poulard*