gora-dev mailing list archives

From Alfonso Nishikawa <alfonso.nishik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Timeline for Gora 0.3 Release & Thoughts
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 23:25:13 GMT
Hi all,

I vote for gora-0.3 with GORA-182 + GORA-170 + GORA-174 (this includes
GORA-188) as Henry propose.

GORA-189 should not take much time, but by now we have enough work, so
better to leave it out.

About GORA-174, Renato is facing Cassandra backend (thanks!! I don't know
about Cassandra an was taking me some time to analyze).
Accumulo's tests fails, but i guess it is not completely important since
still is not working. Am I wrong? If I am, would be good someone to face
it... or I will do it, but will take me a bit more time than someone who
knows Accumulo.

I use the ocasion to ask some things related with HBase (I was looking at
Cassandra and didn't mind to wait to ask until later).

One much important thing about HBase.
I have fixed it locally, and seems to work perfectly, BUT breaks
compatibility with former data in one case: If you take your old schema and
update a field to be optional ([null, ...]), then you will not be able to
read that field properly. Unions add a byte to tell with index in the
schema they represent, and expect it, so your data becomes incompatible
with the new schema.
How do we face it? I thought about this just before Christmas :\

And, of course, thanks Lewis for the bumb =)
(and thanks everyone too)

Regards,

Alfonso Nishikawa

--
"Drinking bloody marys all night will make you feel like a corpse in the
morning."