gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for NoSQL databases
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:06:58 GMT
Hi Apostolis,

We will need to add a good bit more to the proposal. I think the more we
can define exactly what we are building on and what is existing, what we
need to implement (Gora specific) as well as a reporting schedule and all
the usual things you would expect from a normal project execution plan.
We can work on this over the next while.
You may want to see if there are other existing mechanisms for mapping data
into the Oracle NoSQL store. This would be a great start.
Thanks
Lewis

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Apostolis Giannakidis <
ap.giannakidis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Lewis,
>
> thank you for your answer.
> I am glad that you find this idea excellent! Please let me know if I
> should elaborate more on the proposal or if you believe that we could add
> more goals to the project.
>
> Regarding the Jira issues, I will try to contribute by addressing some
> issues.
>
> Best regards,
> Apostolis
>
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <
> lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Apostolis,
>> Thanks for the wiki entry.
>> I think this is an excellent idea (even if it is not one I would have
>> picked myself as I have never used Oracle products before). I think we can
>> definitely consider it is a possible project for this years GSoC project.
>> On the first instance, I would ask you to look further here (1) as it
>> gives you some valuable resources.
>> Additionally, I would strongly advise you to get on to our Jira instance
>> and attempt to pick some low hanging fruit with regards to addressing some
>> Gora issues. This goes a long way within the determination criteria for
>> students, proposals and mentors to be accepted for the program.
>> Thanks for the updates.
>> Lewis
>>
>> (1) http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
>>

>> On Friday, March 1, 2013, Apostolis Giannakidis <ap.giannakidis@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > I created in the Gora wiki a page based on my proposal.
>> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/GSoC+2013+Ideas+Page
>> > I suggest to implement a Gora module for integrating with the open
>> source version (Community Edition) of the Oracle NoSQL database. I chose to
>> work with the Oracle NoSQL database because I am familiar with the Oracle
>> ecosystem (being an Oracle certified myself) and its good documentation.
>> Oracle NoSQL database provides some unique features compared to other NoSQL
>> databases, such as its deep integration with the Oracle Database and
>> the Big Data Appliance, its absolute consistency, etc. Finally, its share
>> in the enterprise market is not negligible and these users could benefit
>> with this Gora module.
>> > I am happy to hear your comments.
>> > Best regards,
>> > Apostolos

>> participate in GSoC with this project that I am planning to do?

>> be found in our SVN instance below.
>> to grips with the Gora code and you find a problem then please have a look
>> and we can discuss to improve the Gora code further.

GSoC

--
*Lewis*