gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoc 2013 proposal for Map Reduce support
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 18:37:19 GMT
Hi Udesh,

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:22 AM, <dev-digest-help@gora.apache.org> wrote:

> Re: GSoc 2013 proposal for Map Reduce support
>         4034 by: Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo
>         4036 by: Udesh Liyanaarachchi
>
> Thanks Mattmann , Lewis and Renato.
> I will set up Gora and get familiar with the functionality. So I can
> involve in resolving some issues.
> Still I don't have a clear idea what the GSoc project objectives should be
> for this proposal.
> Should it be adopting Cascading or Apache Hama as suggested by Renato or
> Apache Pig.  Any suggestions will be appreciated ?
> I will update the list and the wiki with proper details when I'm clear with
> the objectives.

It is early days for a definitive project proposal to be written so don't
worry at the moment.
The most important thing here (from my perspective anyway) is for you to
pick a project and proposal that you are are happy and interested working
on. The technologies and project scope are of secondary importance to your
own interest and what you want to get out of the project!

May I suggest you open a page on the wiki and write down some of your
suggestions over there. As you have seen, all of the issues you mention are
blank slates (so to speak) so you have a good bit of freedom (and backing
of the Gora PMC) to work on any of them.

Thanks
Lewis