gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GORA-103 Queries?
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 16:13:17 GMT
Hi Renato,

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM, <dev-digest-help@gora.apache.org> wrote:

> GORA-103 Queries?
>         4186 by: Lewis John Mcgibbney
>         4190 by: Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo
>
> Hi all,
>
> My main two concerns here are:
>
> 1) The key types used by GoraDynamoDB module. They seem "too
> specific"? I think maybe we could work with the QueryOptimizer
> approach Keith and Enis were working on, and to finally implement
> specific optimizations per data store.

The above sounds like numerous issues. I think they sounds good
suggestions. I am also struggling to see how they bring doubt into the work
undertaken on GORA-103?

> 2) GoraDynamoDB uses a non-avro based bean, but this causes that the
> user would have to generate different classes for each data store he
> would like to use. I don't think this is the proper behaviour because
> the user would have to create different java classes every time he
> wished to use a different data store? maybe we could make all data
> stores use Persistent objects and in that manner the java generated
> class may have some extra methods or annotations but could still be
> usable by any of the other data stores. What do you guys think?

IMHO this is also a suggested improvement over the status quo is it not?
I am struggling to see how this brings some sort of doubt into the code or
what the code is doing post GORA-103? Subsequently how or why we would note
release Gora AS IS?
This is the reason I opened this discussion on this topic but so far I have
not seen any indication that anyone is experiencing Issue Blocking traits
within Gora.
Thanks
Lewis