gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC2013] Oracle NoSQL datastore for Gora
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 21:31:00 GMT
Hi Apos,

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM, <dev-digest-help@gora.apache.org> wrote:

> Re: [GSoC2013] Oracle NoSQL datastore for Gora
>         4359 by: Apostolis Giannakidis
>
> As far as I understand, developing the module on my laptop having
> configured only 1 storage node for the Oracle NoSQL datastore would
> suffice. Correct?

For the time being this is just fine. We need to ensure that the basics are
working then we move on to cover some of the more advanced features of
OracleNoSQL.
Without getting in to the basics right now, you should first ensure that
the code you are writing, satisfies (e.g. passes) the current unit testing
suite we have for Gora. Without satisfying the basic suite we cannot move
on to cover much more advanced features.

> On the other hand, I believe that in order to do proper benchmarking of the
> module, another setup is needed; one with more storage nodes, shards and
> maybe a replication factor of 2 or 3. Is my understanding correct?

This will come much later. Lets not try and run before we can walk here.
I'll get in touch with you this next week to set out a plan for when the
actual coding starts on the project. For now, it would be advised to get to
know the code base, hack some patches, contribute some documentation hang
out on the list. Data replication, sharding, etc is a good few months away
right now.

Thanks

Lewis