gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade of Avro in Gora
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:22:19 GMT
Hi Apostolis,
We need to determine whether oracle depends upon Avro... if so what
version... then if it is currently compatible.
Lets try and sort that out first.
Lewis

lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Been thinking about the GSoC project.
>> I think we will most likely have to deal with the upgrade of Avro for
this. I really do not see Oracle NoSQL being fully compatible with Avro
1.3.3.
>> Just a thought....
>> There is a patch contributed by Ed a while back which completely
upgrades Avro in Gora. I think the time is ripe to do this. Upgrade of
HBase API will also rely upon it as well.

--
*Lewis*