gora-dev mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE when using GoraInputFormat from outside Gora
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 04:19:24 GMT
Hi Damien,

I have seen your patch, and I think it makes totally sense to do the
modifications you are proposing.
But in my case, I found out that I wasn't initializing the GoraInputFormat
properly. In some way I was missing to set up the following line:

GoraMapReduceUtils.setIOSerializations(context.getConfiguration(), true);

And besides I was forgetting about the core-site.xml configurations related
to IOSerializations that Gora needs. This is in [1]. So after that, all my
troubles went away (:
Hope we can put your patch in, as IMHO makes totally for running multiple
instances of Gora Jobs in the same cluster. Nice job by the way! (:

Renato M.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gora/trunk/gora-core/src/test/conf/core-site.xml