gora-dev mailing list archives

From Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Project Ideas for 2014
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:20:42 GMT
Hi all,

There are so many things we could do with Gora guys that I feel just happy
to be part of this (:
I think we should focus on what the project needs right now i.e. fix some
modules, and get them all up to speed.
So I think we could think maybe on something like this:
1. Get MemStore to use cache providers if required by users.
2. Re-write the SQL module (This is an important one IMHO)
3. Make all data stores provide MapReduce access even the non-Hadoop based.
(This is an important one IMHO)
4. Fix the dependencies to make Gora OSGI. I dunno how hard this would be,
but I think this would an interesting project as it would require to align
all other components with their dependencies. Maybe Ioannis can help us on
having a clearer of how hard this is.

Renato M.

2014-01-29 Talat Uyarer <talat@uyarer.com>