gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Gora blog contribution on Open Source Delivers
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:45:11 GMT
Hi Folks,
the Foundation was recently approached by BlackDuck Software [0] to
participate in the rather enormous 8th Annual Future of Open Source
Software Survey [1]. I ended up participating on behalf of the project and
we've now been invited to contribute a blog post which will feature on
BlackDuck's Open Source Deliver's blog [2][3]... which i think is pretty
cool.
The focus and scope of the blog post is as follows

"Contributed posts typically range in length from 300-900 words (but a
little more or less is  acceptable), and focus on the
enablement/adoption/benefits of open source software. We take care of
finding a cover image for the blog (unless the author has one in mind) and
require a brief bio and a headshot for our contributors page. We
(BlackDuck) can also conduct interviews to be crafted into contributed
posts by the interviewee or posted Q&A style under the name of a Black Duck
contributor, if your team prefers."

For those attending ApacheCon next month I think it would be an excellent
opportunity for us to knock our heads together and thrash something out,
however this is entirely open to the whole community and it would be
excellent if contributions came from different angles.

If anyone is interested in contributing then reply and we can begin to
discuss a road map for getting a first draft to the contacts at BlackDuck.

Thanks
Lewis

[0] http://www.blackducksoftware.com/
[1] http://www.blackducksoftware.com/future-of-open-source