gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC: Apache Gora
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:49:46 GMT
Hi Sergio,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Sergio Esteves <sroesteves@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been looking through the documentation but have not found much
> information regarding caching in Gora. By the way, some links are not
> working here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Index(Gora Administration
and Tutorials).

Thanks for pointing this out. It's been a while since someone has edited
the wiki documentation so I think we need to redefine permissions. I can't
seem to edit the Index page currently but will try to work on getting it
sorted.

> Can you provide more details regarding GORA-295? Does Gora perform any
> caching currently? How is it handled?

Right now no. Apart from the Ehcache patch [0] in short you would be
approaching this issue with a clean slate from which you could work. This
of course has it's pro's as well as con's... however in the scope of a GSoC
project I see this as a very positive opportunity to get creative.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-13