gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISUSS/REQUEST] Obtain Cloud Resources for Apache Gora CI Test Suite
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:27:33 GMT
Hi Infra@,

Further to some discussion [0] the Gora PMC has put together the following
request with the aim of obtaining cloud compute resources for execution of
a continuous integration test suite [1] on a bi-annual basis. Bi-annually
would represent roughly the number of major release Gora has been making in
recent years. Please note that although the test suite is in the process of
being integrated into Gora trunk.

The test suite verifies that data is not lost at scale. It runs many ingest
clients that continually create linked lists containing 25 million nodes.
At some point the clients are stopped and a map reduce job is run to ensure
no linked list has a hole. A hole indicates data was lost. Doing this at
scale provides Gora with an excellent opportunity to root out issues with
release candidates prior to them being VOTE'd on by the community.

Our request is therefore as follows

m1.large instances based on memory and disk ==> $0.175 per hour
Number of instances                         ==> 10
Number of hours for test suite              ==> 24
Number of current compatable Gora modules   ==>  4
Suite executions per year                   ==>   2

TOTAL $0.175 x 10 x 24 x 4 x 2              ==> $336

I hope that I have communicated our intentions clearly.
If you are able to get in touch with the PMC to let us know if
obtaining cloud resources the outcome it
would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Lewis

[0] *http://s.apache.org/TYJ <http://s.apache.org/TYJ>*